Wheel & tire size – Defender 2
Overview – possible tire sizes and wheel sizes
- 255/70 R18 *
- 275/65 R18 e.g. Cooper Discoverer STT Pro *
- 255/55 R19 e.g. General Grabber AT3 (e.g. on rim WP 19×8.5 5/120 ET40) *
- 255/65 R19 *
- 255/55 R20 e.g. Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (Max. 160kmh) *
- 255/60 R20 *
- 285/55 R20 Pirelli Scorpion AT **.
- 275/45 R22 *
In addition to the tire dimension and the rim size, you must also always consider whether the tire width may actually be driven on the rim. Otherwise it is not only illegal but also possibly dangerous.
* This dimension can normally also be registered with all track plates listed below. If you have any questions, just contact us.
For Defender, there are wheel spacers with part certificates that simply give Defender a cooler look.
These are available in the widths: 15 / 18 / 21 / 25 / 27 and 30mm
(per side, so the track is doubled in width)
Tire width / required rim width (min.)
195 – 235 / 7,5″
215 – 245 / 8″
225 – 255 / 8,5″
225 – 255 / 9″
245 – 275 / 9,5″
255 – 285 / 10″
Recommendation: Do not choose tires with a slower speed index than S, even for winter tires. In some countries (e.g. Italy) the speed index must match the registered maximum speed of the car.
(All information without guarantee – ask us, if you want to know details)
You would like to be infored about new articles?
We regularly publish new articles in our off-road handbook with many practical tips for handling your Land Rover. If you want to stay informed, subscribe to our free newsletter here.
If you want to stay informed, subscribe to our free newsletter here.